I take the opportunity to present another version of this cake here, which has a number of variations in the amount of ingredients. You may click on the following link: Cake of Thick Thousand-Layers With Milk Caramel
- 6 cups of flour
- 200 grs (7 oz) of margarine at room temperature
- 8 egg yolks
- 1/2 glass of pisco (grapes spirit) or other white liquor
- 1 cup of milk
- 3/4 kg (26 oz) of milk caramel (dulce de leche)
- 5 eggfruits (optional)
- 1 cup of peeled and chopped walnuts
- Grated coconut (as an alternative to walnuts)
- Put the flour in a bowl, make a hole in the center of the flour, and add the remaining ingredients: margarine, egg yolks, liquor, milk.
- Mix everything by hand (no kneading), divide into 15 equal parts, and form circles of 22 cm (8.7 inches) in diameter, extending with the help of a rolling pin.
- Pierce with a fork and bake at 400°F (200°C) on a buttered baking tray for about 3 to 4 minutes, one by one.
- After the discs are ready, unite them together with milk caramel in between. That is: one disc, then a layer of milk caramel, and so on. Finally, cover the whole cake with milk caramel, and decorate the sides with chopped walnuts or coconut.