Wonderful Cheese biscuits, some soft and rich rolls to complement your lunch or dinner. They are very quick to prepare, and they are also perfect for those special occasions to delight your guests, as they can be served before or during dinner. The important thing is that you serve them warm and ideally with the option of adding butter.
These delicious cheese biscuits can be enjoyed this way by preparing some type of filling that you want, as if it were a sandwich and accompanying it with salads. As you will see, the alternatives are many.
These biscuits can be made ahead of time and baked just before you want to serve them. It will only take them 18 minutes in the oven, so that you can calculate well.
Regarding the cheese, you can replace it with another of your liking, most of the cheese looks good in this type of dough, as for the chives you can also replace it or simply omit it, but it really gives it a special touch in its flavor.
Delicious buns, perfect to complement your dinner. They should be served warm in order to enjoy them well.
- 2 cups of flour
- 3/4 cup of cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 90 grams (3.2 oz) of butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 3/4 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Unite all the ingredients in a bowl.
- You can use your hands, a fork, or the mixer.
- Once everything is well combined, stretch the dough with the help of a rolling pin, but the dough should be 2 cm (~3/4 in) thick.
- Ideally use a round cutter, otherwise you can cut it in a squared shape, and put the biscuits on a baking tray.
- Bake at the same temperature for 18 minutes.
- Serve warm with butter.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 18 min
- Category: Breads and doughs
- Method: Oven
Keywords: Biscuits, cheese, cheddar, bread
Remember to always heat them before serving, you will feel the flavor of the ingredients much better. And once baked, they last perfectly for two days.
I hope you are encouraged to make them, and remember to use the tag @midiariodecocina