How delicious it is to feel the smell of freshly baked cookies, it is something that children particularly love. Now I bring you these delicious Assorted cookies for Christmas, and you will see how a simple cookie base can transform them into a recipe full of colors and flavors.
They are very easy to make, however you must be careful in certain details such as the cooking time and the oven temperature, because you must take into account that each oven is a different world, an ultra-repeated statement, but it is the truth. Now, if you reshape the cookies and make them larger or smaller, that will also vary the cooking time.
The decorations you see in the photos are just ideas, you can use whatever you have at home or whatever you like.
Unlike other cookies, these are not as sweet, but you can increase a bit the amount of sugar if you so desire. You should take into account that the detail of the decoration will also help to elevate the sweetness itself.
As you can see in the photos below, I used a pastry bag, with a tip that helped me give it the shape that you see. I made the decorations when the cookies are already baked and cold.
You may also be interested in seeing the recipes of Lemon cookies for Christmas or Orange cookies with chocolate chips and light gingerbread cookies.Print
FOR THE DOUGH:
- 250 grams (8.8 oz) of butter at room temperature
- 200 grams (7 oz) of powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 yolk
- 380 grams (13.4 oz) of all-purpose flour without baking powder
- 25 grams (0.9 oz) of cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 25 grams (0.9 oz) of bitter cocoa
- A pinch of salt
FOR THE DECORATION:
- 3 tablespoons of strawberry or apricot jam
- 100 grams (3.5 oz) of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 70 grams (2.5 oz) of white chocolate
- Ground pistachios
- Grated coconut
- In a bowl or mixer, beat the butter for about 3 minutes.
- Then add the sugar and beat for another 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs and the yolk.
- Gradually add the flour with the pinch of salt.
- Once everything is well integrated, divide the mixture into two equal parts.
- Add the cocoa to the first half, and the vanilla and cornstarch to the other.
- Place a mixture in a pastry bag, make figures as seen in the photos.
- Keep them separate from one another.
- Then, do the same with the other mix.
- Refrigerate for ideally about 20 minutes on the same tray.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Remove the cookies from the refrigerator and bake for 15 minutes.
- Then melt the chocolate chips. Choose a couple of cookies and dip one end of each cookie into the melted chocolate.
- Before the chocolate hardens, sprinkle some ground pistachio or grated coconut on top.
- Then do the same with the white chocolate.
- With the round cookies, you can place a little bit of jam in the center as you can see in the photos.
- They last about 5 days, if they are well stored in an airtight container.
- Category: Sweet doughs
Keywords: cookies, Christmas
These assorted cookies for Christmas are ideal to accompany a delicious hot or cold chocolate, of course depending on where you are, whether you spend Christmas in summer or winter.
Also these delicious cookies are ideal to give as gifts, it will undoubtedly be a present that they will enjoy.