This is a sponsored post created in partnership with Bar-S. All opinions are my own.
Did you know that 1 in 6 children in America do not have the food they need every day? Unfortunately this is a horrible reality that is currently happening. This affects their development, health, and of course their own future as well.
Many children depend on their schools to get their breakfasts and lunches. But have you thought about what happens during their vacation time? How do these children do if they can’t attend their school during that period of time? How do they feed? Is it acceptable for a child to go hungry? For me, the answer is a definite NO.
On this occasion, I wanted to share two simple green salad ideas, perfect to take for lunch, also using fairly simple flavors to make it suitable for any kid’s taste.
For these salad ideas, within the wide range of Bar-S products available (like sausages, bologna, ham, etc.), I wanted to use their hickory smoked sliced bacon product, in order to give a distinctive and tasty touch to each salad.Print
- 1 cup lettuce leaves
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 1/2 avocado
- 4 strips of Bar-S bacon
- 1 mandarin orange
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- Place the bacon strips on a baking tray, and bake them in the oven for 15 minutes at 400°F (200°C).
- Once baked, place the bacon strips over absorbent paper, and then on a cutting board chop them into small pieces.
- On a dish, evenly distribute the lettuce leaves, the hard-boiled egg (cut in 4 slices), a few pieces of mandarin orange, the chopped bacon, and the chopped parsley. Season with salt, olive oil, and lemon juice.
- On another dish, add the spinach, 1 hard-boiled egg (crumbled), pieces of chopped bacon, and avocado slices (cut in any way you may like). Season with salt, olive oil, and lemon juice.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
Do you have any other great and simple salad ideas? Share your thoughts in the comments section!