This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FreschEats #CollectiveBias
Summer is near, and this means that most (if not all) of the children are already on vacations, the daily routines at home become longer, at the same time not leaving a whole lot of time to prepare meals. And I don’t mean this in a negative tone at all, in fact quite the opposite, as this implies that as a mother one needs to develop the most practical side of oneself as possible.
Even for people like me, who try to be organized as much as possible, there are occasions when this just doesn’t work, because when you have younger children there are always inconveniences that happen on the way. But this has also a positive side, as this somehow pushes oneself to bring out the creativity to make dinner.
Pizzas have always been by far the favorite for most of the children in general. And this happens because the pizza toppings are diverse, or pizas may also be enjoyed in a classic way with just cheese on top.
Can you imagine a delicious slice of pizza freshly baked, plus a super salad? Well this is what I present today thanks to the courtesy of Freschetta®, who have a variety of flavors and they use quality ingredients in their pizzas. Besides, Artisan Crust has 3 whole grains, which makes a delicious and crunchy dough.
To purchase this delicious pizza, you just need to go to a Publix supermarket and take advantage of the super offer of 2 Freschetta® Pizzas for $10 (US dollars) until June 8th, 2016. You can find these pizzas as shown in the photo, in aisle #9, where the frozen meals are located.
Now, in order to make a perfect combination, I wanted to prepare this super beet salad, which can be grated cooked or raw, mixed with other vegetables, and with an exquisite orange dressing.
This is a simple meal, but perfect for sharing with the family this summer.
- 1 beet
- 1 carrot
- 2 cups of spinach
- 1/2 of an avocado
- 1 small orange
- 2 tablespoons of mustard
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 Stevia packet, or 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
- In a bowl add the spinach, grated beet, which can be used raw or cooked, and for that you would need to place it in the oven, wrapped in aluminum foil for 40 minutes at 400°F (200°C). Once cooked, remove the skin and then you can grate it when adding it to the salad.
- Then add the grated carrot, finely chopped avocado, chopped cilantro, and finally pour the salad dressing that should be prepared by mixing orange juice, mustard, olive oil, salt, and Stevia (or another sweetener).
- Mix well and serve with a slice of Freschetta® pizza.
If you want to see all the other pizza varieties that Freschetta® offers, please click HERE.