A Little time ago I started including in my diet this so special ingredient called Chia. Maybe not everyone knows about it, but it is considered as a “superfood”. That’s why it got my attention, since it’s an excellent source of fiber and antioxidants, calcium, protein, and omega 3. When the seeds are mixed with some sort of liquid, even if it’s thick as yogurt, the Chia forms a voluminous gel, which gives the feeling of fullness, being a good reason to consume for whoever wants to stay fit or willing to lose weight. There are multiple ways to prepare it, but to begin with today I bring to you a dessert or a meal like a snack, and the best of all is that it doesn’t need cooking.
- 4 tablespoons of chia
- 1½ cups of almond milk (you may use another type that you like better)
- 1 or 2 tablespoons of honey, agave nectar, or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- Raspberries to decorate
- Mix all the ingredients on a bowl.
- Put the bowl in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Take out from the refrigerator, and stir well. Repeat this procedure once again 10 minutes later.
- Once again, put the bowl back into the refrigerator and let it stay in there for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Pour the pudding into individual dessert bowls (ramekins), and serve with raspberries.
- Prep Time: 5 mins