Chile is a country where its people are very passionate about soccer, all those Chileans at heart find it impossible not to give their support to the “Roja”, that is the national men’s soccer team. Every important game is turned into a party, in which we all join as one, and all those celebrations of support revolve around good food and good drinking.
Usually the barbecue is a perfect ally for these occasions, but there is also a tradition for sandwiches, where you can find succulent and a large variety of sandwiches throughout Chile.
It turns out that sandwiches are a very delicious and practical alternative to share with family and friends, especially around tea time in the afternoon.
That is why this time I wanted to give my support to our national soccer team, not only the men’s team in the Copa America and World Cup, but also the women’s team in the Women’s World Cup. And what better way than with a super recipe, which you can make at home to delight your family and guests. And this time I chose to make a delicious Beef tongue sandwich, and thanks to Rumba Meats, I was able to actually prepare it.
This Beef tongue sandwich is a different mix, with a touch of spiciness that fits perfectly with the caramelized onions in conjunction with the tongue. Flavors that when accompanied by a good bread, it makes it perfect for the palate.
You can use any bread that you want for this preparation, but you may also want to consider using a tasty “pan amasado” (kneeled bread), a very traditional bread from my beloved Chile.Print
- 1 pack of Beef Tongue from Rumba Meats™
- 1/2 liter (17 fl oz) of vegetable or meat broth (can be replaced by water)
- 1/2 liter (17 fl oz) of water
- 1 onion cut in half (for the broth)
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 medium onions cut in julienne
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar (optional)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Chili paste, can be replaced by any hot sauce
- 200 grs (7 oz) of buttery cheese, you can use Havarti
- Chilean kneeled bread, or any other type of bread you want (ideally for sandwich)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- In a pot, place the beef tongue, add 1 onion cut in four pieces, the carrot, the broth and water. Cover and cook over medium heat for 2 1/2 hours.
- If you have a pressure cooker, reduce the cooking time to 45 minutes.
- Once the beef tongue is ready, place it on a cutting board and remove the skin that covers it. Cut it ideally in thin slices.
- In a frying pan, add some oil and fry the onion for 5 to 8 minutes, so that it takes a golden color, but without burning, always on medium heat. At this point you can add the sugar if you wish.
- Prepare the sandwich bread by placing it in a frying pan with a little bit of butter, and toast the bread cut in two halves.
- In another frying pan, place the cheese and melt it.
- Quickly place a half of the bread as the base, where we add a bit of mayonnaise, the slices of beef tongue, and then on top of this add some chili paste, the melted cheese, and finally the onion.
- If you want, on the other half of the bread, you can place more mayonnaise, but it is not actually necessary.
- Category: Sandwich
- Cuisine: Chilean
Keywords: Sandwich, beef tongue, Chilean cuisine
Rumba Meats offers its products in some supermarkets and in Amazon. You can find high quality cuts of meat, with which you can make all those recipes of yore. All those classic old recipes, as well as those inherited from our grandmothers, you’ll be able to make them and bring to the table that history and those childhood flavors.
Don’t stop supporting the soccer team of your country, and to all my fellow Chileans, I encourage them to also support with all our hearts and good food our “Roja”. Inspire yourself to prepare this delicacy, and if you want more ideas or tips don’t hesitate to follow Rumba Meats on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube.
This post has been compensated in collaboration with Rumba Meats.