During weekdays, each member of my family already has their typical breakfast, but on the weekends we always try to vary our breakfasts, considering that we have more time to prepare something more elaborate if we so desire. Besides, there is nothing better than starting the day with something different and tasty.
I recently made this parfait on a Sunday, my kids loved it, and so did my husband too. This parfait can also be consumed as a desert or as a snack.Print
- 1 cup of granola (you can buy one that’s low on sugar, or you can make some at home)
- 1 cup of strawberries
- Sweetener or 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
- 1 little package of instant vanilla pudding
- 3/4 cup of Greek yogurt or plain yogurt
- Chop the strawberries, mix them with sweetener or sugar, place them in a pot and cook for a few minutes over medium heat, allow them to release their juice, remove from the heat and let them cool down.
- Prepare the pudding according to the package instructions, this is ready in 5 minutes.
- To build the parfait, I suggest to first add the foundation of vanilla pudding in the bottom, then a generous amount of strawberries with their juice, then a portion of granola, yogurt, then some more strawberries again, and finally some granola on the top.
- This parfait can be done ahead of time, even to be consumed the next day.