These type of dishes can always bail you out, the polenta is very fast to prepare, it’s an excellent side for any type of meat, and you’ll be able to see here that this time it worked as a main-course dish, just with mushrooms, ideal for vegetarians.
In the simplicity of some recipes, we can many times find delicacies for our palates without overcomplicating things much. This recipe was adapted from Martita Serani, but I made several modifications to it. This version ended up being very tasty and easy to make.
Remember that you can prepare your own broths from vegetables or poultry and keep them frozen. This is much healthier, as the ones found in the stores usually contain a lot of sodium.Print
- 1 cup of polenta
- 3 cups of chicken (or vegetable) broth
- 1/2 cup of cream
- 100 gr (3.5 oz) of Parmesan cheese
- 1 or 2 teaspoons of basil
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 3 cups of mushrooms
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the chicken broth in a pan, and add salt and pepper. Add the polenta by sprinkling it like rain inside the pan and let it boil, always stirring, until a homogeneous blend is achieved.
- This process takes no more than 5 minutes.
- Pour the mix into a bowl, and then bring it to the oven at 350°F (180°C) for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan, heat the oil and saute the sliced mushrooms.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve a portion of polenta in a plate, and put some sauteed mushrooms on top. Garnish with chopped basil.