These simple Pumpkin rolls are ideal for Thanksgiving, which is celebrated here in the United States, or also for any meal. You can serve them warm and spread butter on them, they are just a delight. They can also be used for breakfast or tea time, they are very easy to make, and the pumpkin gives them a special flavor. In this occasion I didn’t make any kind of special add-ons to the dough, I mean some kind of seed or fruit, which can also be an excellent choice if desired. On the other hand, if you like, just before bringing them into the oven, you may brush them with stirred egg whites, and then sprinkle some sesame seeds on top or some type of herb that you may like.
The dough of these rolls gets fluffy and light, it’s very easy to work with, and please don’t forget to obey the resting times of the dough, until it increases its size to twice its original volume.
With these ingredients you may get approximately 20 rolls, but that will depend on the size you choose for each of them.
You may also be interested in my recipes for Crostini with chicken and pineapple teriyaki, and Dinner rolls.
- Total Time: 38 mins
- Yield: 20 1x
- 1/2 cup of warm water
- 2 1/4 teaspoons (7 grams) Active dry yeast
- A pinch of granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup of warm milk
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 6 tablespoons of melted butter
- 4 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour without baking powder
- Combine the water, yeast and the pinch of sugar in a small bowl. Mix well and let it rest for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl or mixer, combine milk, pumpkin puree, sugar, salt and butter. Add the yeast mixture, stir and mix well.
- Add 2 cups of flour. Stir for about 2 minutes, and add the flour by half-cups at a time until complete.
- Knead the dough for a few minutes. Then form a ball and place the dough in a bowl previously sprayed with cooking spray, cover and let it rest for 1 1/2 hours.
- Then place the dough on top of a counter sprinkled with flour, divide the dough into 20 pieces, i.e. 20 balls.
- Place the balls on a baking tray and let them rest, covered for 30 more minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C)
- Brush the rolls with melted butter.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until they are golden brown on top.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 18 mins
Leave a Reply