Today I finally bring you this recipe of Whole wheat pita bread, a recipe that’s very easy to make and handy enough when wanting to enjoy something tasty. The pita bread is a very versatile recipe, because besides of enjoying it with different types of fillings, you can also use it as a base to make small pizzas for your children. You can also cut them into small triangles, then you can toast them with a little bit of olive oil and oregano on top, and you will have delicious chips to dip on different types of sauces or the classic hummus.
For this occasion I filled each half of whole wheat pita bread with purple cabbage in a yogurt sauce, and meat balls with baked quinoa.
You may also be interested in my recipes of Dinner rolls or Sandwich bread.
If you don’t want to miss any new recipes posted in Mi Diario de Cocina, you can subscribe HERE. Remember that you can follow me through Facebook and Twitter. Or if you like the pictures and want more cooking ideas, you can also find me on Instagram and Pinterest.Print
Whole wheat pita bread
- Total Time: 5 mins
- 1 cup of warm water
- 2 teaspoons of powdered yeast
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- In a bowl or blender, mix the water, honey, and yeast. Let this mix stand for about 8 minutes.
- Then add the flour, salt, and olive oil.
- Unite everything together very well. Let it stand for about 20 minutes,
- Then divide the dough into 8 units, forming balls.
- Extend each ball in a circular way with the help of a rolling pin.
- Cover the dough with a cloth, and let it sit for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Place the breads on a baking tray covered with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 5 minutes, and you should not let it brown much, or almost not at all.
- Wait for the breads to cool down a bit, open their pockets and fill them with anything you desire.
- The remaining pita breads can be kept covered with a cloth, or wrapped in a bag. That way they can last perfectly for about 3 days at room temperature.
- Cook Time: 5 mins
Leave a Reply