This new recipe that I bring you is Mahi mahi with lemon sauce, a very simple and really delicious dish. Perhaps many people don’t know much about this Mahi Mahi fish (Coryphaena Hippurus) is a marine fish, distributed throughout the oceans of the world, in both tropical and subtropical waters. This species is common in Mexican waters. In the United States you can find it in many supermarkets, but better still you can find it in Fulton Fish Market. There you will find a variety of fresh fish and seafood that can reach your door.
And for those who cannot find this fish, you can replace it with salmon, conger eel or whiting. Follow the same recipe procedure and lovingly treat the fish fillets you have chosen.
In my opinion the best side to this dish is boiled potatoes, or a simple white rice, since the lemon sauce is very tasty, and together with the fish they are totally the protagonists of this dish. We do not want other flavors to take over that role.
Here I present the step by step process, very simple as you can see. When you finish sautéing the fish, you must also use the pan to use those flavors that will remain in it, to be able to prepare the sauce. Therefore you must be conscious of the pan you utilize.
Always work the sauce over medium heat and with patience until you get the right consistency.
- 4 fish fillets (I used mahi mahi, you can use another if you like)
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of cream
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- In a bowl mix the flour, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Pass the fish fillets through this mixture.
- In a frying pan melt the butter and add olive oil.
- Sauté the fish fillets for about 4 minutes per side.
- Remove the fillets.
- Then in the same pan add the onion, cook for about 2 minutes, add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Then add the chicken broth with the dissolved cornstarch.
- Add lemon juice, cream, thyme, salt, pepper, and chopped parsley.
- Stir slowly until you get a sauce-like texture.
- Always over low heat, add the fish fillets and let it cook for about 3 minutes before serving.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Category: Fish and shellfish
Keywords: Fish, mahi mahi, sauce, lemon
Now you can subscribe and save on your next purchase at Fulton Fish Market, you will be able to find an incredible variety of fish and seafood. You can also find free shipping to any part of the United States if you CLICK HERE .