These delicious recipe of Lemon Madeleines is a very different version to the one I already have in the blog (which is more classic), you can see it HERE. However, this new recipe that I bring here I personally feel that is much better, more moist, tastier, and best of all is that it’s gluten-free. I believe it became lighter and spongier, and I think no one will be indifferent to this true delicacy.
After making then, they perfectly last for 3 days, unlike the other recipe, in which it’s recommended to be consumed in the same day. These cookies are perfect as a snack, for a picnic, for a birthday, or just to being enjoyed along with a cup of coffee or tea.
To my taste, I think it’s totally unnecessary to sprinkle powdered sugar on top of them, they look and taste wonderful just like that.
If you don’t want to miss any new recipes posted in Mi Diario de Cocina, you can subscribe HERE. Remember that you can follow me through Facebook and Twitter. Or if you like the pictures and want more cooking ideas, you can also find me on Instagram and Pinterest.Print
Recipe modified and adapted from Aran Goyoaga.
- 80 grs (3 oz) of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of brown or blond sugar
- Zest of 2 large lemons (grating only of the yellow skin)
- 1/2 cup of olive oil or sunflower oil
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup of rice flour
- 1/3 cup of almond flour
- 1/4 cup of tapioca flour
- 1 tablespoon of powdered flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup of almond milk, can also use cow’s milk
- Melt the butter and let it cool down.
- In a bowl, mix the sugar and lemon zest, then add the oil. Mix everything well and then add the eggs. Beat the mix for about 3 minutes.
- Then in another bowl, mix the dry ingredients: rice flour, almond flour, tapioca, flaxseed, baking powder and a pinch of salt.
- Incorporate the dry ingredients into the egg mixture.
- Then add the milk, oil, and melted butter. Beat for a minute.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and take it to the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Preheat theoven to 400°F (200°C).
- Butter the mold for the cookies. Then pour some dough (from the mixture) into each mold space. Do not fill up much.
- Bake for 8 minutes, and then lower the oven temperature to 350°F (180°C) and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Let the cookies cool down in the same mold for a few minutes, and then move them to a plate.