I got this recipe from Tante Marlis (aunt Marlis) a long time ago, and I was pending to make it. So, on this month I considered that this was a good option for people who enjoy sweet Christmas things. They are very easy to make. As an option, I put some glazing on top so that I can put some sprinkles and give them some color.
- 2 cups of regular all-purpose flour
- 116 grams (4 oz) of butter (3/4 cup)
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Colored sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Prepare a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix the butter and the granulated sugar together.
- Then, add the egg and the lemon zest. Mix well.
- Add the flour and the baking powder to the mix.
- Once the dough is properly mixed, make a roll and cut in small pieces. Then, shape each piece as an “S” (as you can see in the picture).
- Place them on the baking tray, and bring them to the oven for 10 minutes.
- After that, it’s important to take them out from the oven immediately, leave them for a minute on the baking tray, and then put them on a cooling rack to let them cool down.
- Meanwhile, make a glazing by mixing the powdered sugar with the lemon juice.
- Pour some glazing on top of each cookie, and then put some colored sprinkles on them.