This recipe of Snow Milk is one of the classic Chilean desserts that I remember fondly. It can be enjoyed in any season, because it is served cold and the milk can be quite refreshing. It is an ideal dessert for those with a sweet tooth or those nostalgic from childhood. You can prepare this in individual ramekins or in a large bowl.
It is not difficult to make, and don’t get confused when you have to cook the meringue, you just have to be careful to follow the instructions well.
I also recommend the recipe for Baked Milk Flan .
- 3 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- cinnamon powder
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar (aside)
- First beat the whites until stiff, add the tablespoon of sugar. Set aside. Then beat the egg yolks. Set aside.
- Boil the milk along with the 3/4 cup of sugar ,and the vanilla extract. Then place over low heat and gradually place meringue portions to float on the milk, with the help of a spoon. Let them cook on both sides and then set aside. When all the meringue portions are cooked, stir the milk and add the beaten egg yolks, then add the cornstarch dissolved in a little cold water. Stir constantly and remove from heat.
- Place the milk mixture in individual ramekins, and then place the meringue portions on top. Then sprinkle with cinnamon.