INGREDIENTS FOR THE DOUGH:
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour, without baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of cold water
- 2 tablespoons of oil
INGREDIENTS FOR THE FILLING:
- 4 to 5 apples, peeled and cut into very thin slices.
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 3/4 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup of walnuts
- 1/4 cup of raisins
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/4 tablespoon of ground cinnamon.
PREPARATION OF THE DOUGH:
- Mix all the ingredients until you get a soft and elastic dough.
- Let it rest for 30 minutes at room temperature to achieve the desired consistency.
- Roll the dough out to obtain a large, rectangular extension, it can be about 40 cm (16 in) long by about 30 cm (12 in) wide
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C)
PREPARATION OF THE FILLING:
- Melt half of the butter in a frying pan and place the breadcrumbs together with the sugar and cinnamon.
- Meanwhile, brush a little bit of oil or butter over the extended dough.
- Then add the bread mix.
- Over this, place the finely-sliced apples, raisins and chopped walnuts.
- Sprinkle with granulated sugar and top with the remaining butter bits.
- Form a roll and place it over the previously-buttered oven tray (the roll closure should face down).
- Brush on the outside of the dough with a beaten yolk mixed with a little milk.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes.
- Once ready, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Prep Time: 40 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Category: Sweet doughs
Keywords: strudel, apples