This is my first post of this year 2021, it seems incredible to me how quickly time has passed. This delicious Salmon Ceviche, is an old recipe from the blog and that now I wanted to update in terms of the content in general, I also wanted to update the photos, as you will realize a while ago, I liked the subject of photography so much that for me it is very important when bringing them a recipe. My photos go hand in hand with preparation and I try to put all my love and effort into that.
Also as I mentioned in my Instagram, I wanted to start with a special recipe, with one that had a meaning and everything worked together to bring this wonderful Salmon Ceviche, which my father-in-law prepared and which he kindly shared with me the last time we met in Chile. This month will mark a year of his departure and we wanted to remember him through these delicious flavors that he enjoyed so much.
Keep in mind that there are many variants in the preparation of this recipe, but today I want to share with you this one that my father-in-law made, it is excellent.
At the time of serving the ceviche, you can make it in clay pots, as seen in the photos, or simply in the pots you have at home. You can also serve them over lettuce leaves.
Serves as a starter or snack. This is where the portions will vary.
I’d also like to recommend you to buy a good quality salmon, and very fresh.
- 500 grams (18 oz) of fresh salmon
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 green chili pepper
- 1/2 unit of red bell pepper
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of cilantro
- salt to taste
- Clean the salmon, remove the skin if you buy it that way.
- Remove the dark brown area that the salmon usually has on one of its sides.
- Cut the salmon into small squares and place in a bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, the onion chopped into small squares or julienned, finely minced garlic, chili pepper chopped into small squares, and chopped cilantro.
- Mix everything very well and season with salt. Let marinate for about 20 minutes.
- Ideal to serve in clay pots with the desired side, such as slices of toast.
- You can also serve it over lettuce leaves.
- Category: Fish and shellfish
Keywords: ceviche, salmon, chili pepper, lemon, onion