I had thought to upload as the last post of this 2020, a recipe that would be some kind of idea for these end of the year parties, but in the recipe index or in the “by Categories” section you will be able to find many ideas to celebrate with your loved ones, and I hope with all my heart, although you may probably not be able to celebrate with all the people you’d hoped with, or the circumstances were not ideal, I hope you can simply enjoy eating something delicious that makes you have a good time, and with this saying goodbye to this year in the best way. I send you a lot of encouragement and may your health be with you during this 2021.
Thanks to all the people who have written to greet me, tell me a story about their cooking, and all those who have supported me in one way or another.
Please do not hesitate to write me to give me ideas, suggestions or if you want a particular recipe. I also ask for your patience if I delay in answering.
In regards to the recipe that I bring you today, it is a wonderful Sweet potato and spinach quiche, a very different way to enjoy quiche, since we usually have a base made mainly of flour, butter, water and salt. But this time I present a base made with sweet potato. An ingredient full of nutritional properties.
But in case you don’t like or don’t have access to buy this sweet potato, you can substitute it with any type of potato. The procedure will be the same.
The one that has potatoes as a base will just have some difference in the flavor, compared to the traditional quiche. The coolest thing is that you will get a lighter quiche. It is definitely an excellent alternative that I invite you to try.
This tasty recipe also serves as a side, or you can simply serve it with a tasty salad or a soup of your choice, and you will be all set with a delicious lunch or dinner.
The process is important when you make the potatoes in the oven first, it should not exceed the cooking time, because we do not want them to be too crunchy, otherwise you will run into problems when accommodating them in the base of the mold. We only need the potatoes to be crispy when we want to make potato chips, so that we can enjoy a healthy snack.
- 1 large sweet potato (or 2 medium-sized ones)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 unit of onion, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 200 ml (6.8 fl-oz) of liquid cream (1 cup approximately)
- Peel the sweet potatoes and then cut them into slices, ideally with the help of a mandolin if you have one, but otherwise with a good knife.
- Place them on a baking tray with a little olive oil.
- For 15 minutes at 350°F (180°F).
- Once ready, place them in a mold, preferably removable. About 20 cm (8 in) of diameter, and greased.
- Arrange them very well at the base and on the sides of the mold.
- Then prepare a sauté base in a pan with a little oil, fry the onion for about 3 minutes, it should not brown.
- Add the chopped spinach and let it reduce, this takes about one minute.
- Flavor with salt and pepper as desired. Remove from the heat.
- In a small bowl, mix the egg, liquid cream and mozzarella cheese.
- Add the spinach mixture and combine well, and then add over the base of potatoes.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350°F (180°C).
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Category: Sides
Keywords: Quiche, spinach, potatoes
I hope you are encouraged to make this delicious recipe, you can vary the filling to your liking or whatever you have, that’s the great thing about quiches in general, one can always adapt them to the personal taste.