It’s always a nice thing to end a good lunch with a delicious dessert. Personally, I love fruits in general, and whenever we can present them in different ways as can be done with apples, even better! This time I did not choose just any random type of apple, but instead I picked Envy™ apples, which are sweet, juicy and crispy. They don’t turn brown so easily, or oxidized at the time of eating or splitting them, because they have a high content of citric acid.
On this occasion I had the opportunity to participate with other bloggers and cooks in presenting this tasty recipe for Publix supermarkets at their cooking school: Publix Aprons cooking schools in Alpharetta, where the chefs took care of preparing it. Each participant was able to distribute their recipes to the shoppers, as well as sharing samples with the public that visit Publix supermarkets. And I must say that this dessert made with Envy™ apples had an excellent reception, in addition to being an entertaining experience.
The Envy™ apples can be used not only for desserts like the one I present today, but they are also perfect to enjoy them alone as a delicious snack, but also to complement some charcuterie table for example, in salads, or whatever you want.
This dessert of apple and cinnamon is very light, easy to make, and it won’t take long. It is very tasty in combination with the cinnamon.Print
Dessert of apples and cinnamon
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 4 apples Envy™
- 300 ml (10 fl oz) of milk
- 85 g (3 oz) of flour
- 50 g (1¾ oz) of granulated sugar
- 20 g (0.7 oz) of powdered sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- Peel the apples, remove the core, and cut them into slices.
- In a nonstick skillet, add 4 tablespoons of water, and simmer for 6-8 minutes, until tender.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and the granulated sugar until reaching a foamy texture.
- Add the milk, 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, and sieved flour. Continue whisking until you get a homogeneous mixture. Let the mix rest.
- Spread some butter on 4 individual molds. Distribute the apples in them (without the liquid in which they were previously cooked), pour the egg mixture over it, and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of powdered sugar.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, until the surface browns, remove and let it cool down. Sprinkle with more powdered sugar and with the remaining ground cinnamon. Serve right away.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Category: Desserts
These delicious Envy™ apples can be found in many stores and supermarkets such as Publix, Whole Foods, Walmart, Market 5 one 5, Central Market, Raley’s, King Soopers, IGA, Wegmans and many more.
To see in which supermarket you can find Envy™ apples, visit https://envyapple.com/en
Leave a Reply