Believe it or not, this is the fifth Banana nut bread recipe that I have on the blog, without a doubt this type of cake is among the favorites, and that’s why it encourages us to make new versions. All of the above have variants for all tastes and it really is a super useful and delicious way to put those very ripe bananas to use.
The other detail that I want to mention is that this banana nut bread is the closest in texture and flavor to the one sold at Starbucks, which this time did not have walnuts and I used pecans. But you can use whatever you have at home to put on it.
It is important for the cooking process that you take as a reference the time that I indicate, and because each oven is different, the time may vary. The best way to know that your cake is ready is that when the time is up, insert a stick like a skewer in the center of the cake, and if it comes out clean then it’s ready. Otherwise, if it comes out with some of the raw dough, it should remain in the oven for a longer time. At this point if your cake is very golden on top, you can cover it with aluminum foil to prevent it from burning on top.
This recipe as such is really a delight, but if you want you can add dry fruits or nuts, you can also make a version with 1 cup of oatmeal and 1 cup of whole wheat flour. You can do these small variations with very good results.
This banana nut bread if you make it in summer time, I recommend keeping it in the refrigerator. It is a tasty option as a snack, accompanied by a nice cup of tea or coffee.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of oil
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 mashed bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 2 cups of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 of chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Prepare a rectangular mold greased and covered with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, beat the egg, oil and sugar.
- When it is well integrated, add the mashed bananas and vanilla extract.
- In another bowl mix the flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
- Then little by little add to the previous mixture together with the milk.
- Put the mixture in the mold, place the chopped walnuts on top.
- Bake for 70 minutes.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 70 min
- Category: Sweet doughs
- Method: Oven
Keywords: bread, banana