This Banana cake with chocolate chips is one of the tastiest I have made lately. It is not as tall as others I’ve done before, however it has texture that is moist and very tasty. It is perfect as a snack, to enjoy with a nice cup of tea or coffee, for breakfast or during the afternoon.
A great thing about this Banana cake with chocolate chips is that you can actually replace ingredients to your liking, and in the list of ingredients on the recipe I have explained some alternatives. Anyway, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to send me a note.
This is a good alternative to use those bananas that are overly ripe. And as an idea, you can also replace the chocolate chips with almonds or chopped walnuts.
You may also like my recipes of Banana bread and Banana marbled muffins.
If you don’t want to miss any new recipes posted in Mi Diario de Cocina, you can subscribe HERE. Remember that you can follow me through Facebook and Twitter. Or if you like the pictures and want more cooking ideas, you can also find me on Instagram and Pinterest.Print
Banana cake with chocolate chips
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 mins
- Yield: 8 1x
- 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt (you can also use another plain yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup of coconut oil (can be replaced by other oil)
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 banana (mashed)
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar, or a sweetener that is to your liking
- 1/2 cup of oatmeal
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour (can be replaced with regular flour or without gluten)
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips, ideally semi sweet
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Butter a rectangular cake mold, or cover with parchment paper.
- In a bowl or mixer, bring the yogurt, vanilla, egg, and coconut oil. Mix well.
- Add the honey and mashed banana mixed with sugar.
- Mix everything well together, and then add the following dry ingredients: oatmeal, whole wheat flour, and baking soda.
- Once the mixture is ready, pour it in the mold, and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Insert a skewer (or similar) in the center, and if this comes out dry, you can remove the cake from the oven, otherwise you should leave it baking for a few extra minutes.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 60 mins
Leave a Reply