This is a recipe that I was pending to do and share in this blog. Many times I’ve been asked by homemade jams, and now I finally decided to use some delicious seasonal strawberries. I’ve noticed that there are several techniques for preparing them, the one I used here is the most basic, simple, and the jam was very good.
- 500 grams of strawberries
- 350 grams of granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Mix the washed strawberries (without the green and split leaves) with the sugar in a bowl, and let it rest for at least 3 hours in the refrigerator.
- After that, place the mixture of strawberries and sugar ideally in a thick-bottomed pot, add the lemon.
- Cook over medium heat.
- Stir carefully, and depending if you want more whole-pieces of strawberries.
- When sugar has dissolved, keep checking its consistency.
- Once ready, transfer to a clean sterilized jar. For that, place the jar in a large bowl with boiling water for about 3 minutes, then remove it from the water and let air dry.
- When the jam is ready, transfer it immediately to the jar, and close it.