Today I bring you this classic and delicious Chilean starter dish, the popular Cardinal Stuffed Avocado. It is a very simple dish to prepare, and for some people it’s quite filling. You can lower the portion to 1/4 of a unit of avocado if desired, so that afterwards you can enjoy the main course with no problems, but for those who are OK with it, half of an avocado is perfect.
You may also like to see my recipe of Green salad ideas for lunch.
Delicious preparation from Chilean cuisine, which can be utilized as a starter dish.
- 1 avocado
- 3/4 cup of clean and cooked shrimp (I bought them raw, and sautéed them in butter)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (good quality)
- 1/2 teaspoon of lemon (optional)
- Parsley or cilantro, chopped
- Chopped lettuce
- 1/2 unit of tomato
- salt to taste
- In a small plate, place a bed of chopped lettuce, sufficient to cover the plate.
- Cut the avocado in half. Remove the seed, and with the help of a spoon, carefully remove the skin as well.
- In a small bowl, mix the shrimp and mayonnaise, if you like you can also add a little bit of lemon juice.
- With this mixture, stuff the avocado.
- Sprinkle some chopped parsley or cilantro on top.
- Place two tomato wedges on each plate.
- Category: Starter
- Cuisine: Chilean cuisine