After some long vacations in my beloved Chile, I came back to the United States with several new ideas. I will soon make several posts about how my visit to Chile was this time, but for now I wanted to share a super recipe, and I mention it this way since I was invited to participate in the “Buddig Taste Challenge” competition, where I had to create this recipe using Buddig’s turkey ham.
This Pancake with Ham, Corn & Avocado recipe turns out to be simple to make and it has a very addictive mix of flavors. It can be prepared as a starter plate, snack, and why not also as a breakfast. I hope you’ll take a few seconds to daily vote for Mi Diario de Cocina with each of your e-mail addresses. Here is the direct link to vote: http://buddigtastechallenge.com/welcome/recipes#CarolinaRojas.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon of parsley
- 2 slices of Buddig Original turkey for each pancake
- 2 cups of cooked corn kernel
- ½ cup of milk
- 1 cup of creamy cheese or similar
- 1 teaspoon of chili paste (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon of chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil or other
- 1 tablespoon of natural yogurt, ideally Greek
- Prepare the pancakes by beating the eggs, adding the cup of milk and flour. Be careful that there are no lumps.
- Place ¼ cup of the mix in a non-stick pan with a drop of oil. Cook on both sides and sprinkle chopped parsley over each pancake.
- In another bowl mix the corn, milk, cheese in small amounts, chili paste (optional), salt and pepper to taste. Place it in a bowl or dish in the microwave for about 2 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Put to the side.
- To prepare the salsa, blend the avocado with yogurt, lemon juice, chopped cilantro, and olive oil or similar, salt and pepper to taste.
- To assemble the dish, spread the pancake, place 2 slices of Buddig ham, then two tablespoons of the corn mixture. Roll and serve with the avocado salsa.