The Del Monte® company has kindly sent me a couple of products so that I can try them, out of which I chose the Whole Kernel Corn, and I also replicated a recipe from their website: Cheddar Corn Casserole.
When it comes to Easter dinner, the traditional foods like ham, lamb and salmon are a no-brainer. But I find I’m always scrambling to figure out side dishes at the last minute. This year, I came upon some new recipes from Del Monte that I’m excited to share with you. They’re absolutely delicious and super easy–I’m talking under 10 minutes of prep time!
If ham is on the menu, try the CHEDDAR CORN CASSEROLE. This rich and savory-sweet dish will definitely be a new Easter tradition in my house. It calls for Del Monte Whole Kernel Corn, shredded cheddar cheese, cream cheese, croutons, bacon (optional) and a few other things. CLICK HERE for the complete recipe and helpful hints.
Well, there you have it… your Easter Cooking Kit! I tried these recipes myself, and they were extremely easy. But you’d never know it–the flavors blend perfectly together. And a fun fact: Did you know that based on data from Google Trends and Facebook Insights, South Dakota ranks first out of all US states when it comes to love of ham and corn?
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, about 12 oz.
- 2 Tbsps. all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ¾ cup milk
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ⅔ cup sliced green onions, divided
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- 4 cans (15.25oz.ea.) Del Monte® Whole Kernel Corn, well drained
- 1½ cups croutons [or crackers], finely crushed (about 3/4 cup), optional topping
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, optional topping
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper, optional topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Toss together cheese, flour and pepper in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Stir together milk, cream cheese, 1/3 cup green onions and hot sauce in a 9×13-inch baking dish. Add corn and shredded cheese mixture; stir well to blend evenly.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with remaining 1/3 cup green onions and optional toppings, as desired.
- Bake 5 minutes longer.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins