This dish is ideal for a lunch, it’s very quick to make, as you can prepare this delicious recipe just a couple of minutes prior to when you want to eat. The mixture of apple and onion is great as a side dish to pork chops, as well as for sauteed spinach with butter.
- 2 pork chops (can be with or without bone)
- 2 medium red apples
- 1 large onion
- 1 teaspoon of olive or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 2 cups of fresh spinach
- ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a pan with oil, fry the onion (cut in julienne) for 3 minutes. Then add the sugar, pepper, a pinch of salt, and the peeled apples (cut in slices). Cook for about 7 minutes. Then remove from pan to a plate and set aside.
- In the same pan, fry the pork chops seasoned with salt and pepper for 3 minutes per side.
- In another pan, melt the butter and saute the spinach, season with salt and nutmeg.
- Serve the pork chop, and place on top of it the mixture of apple and onion, and then serve the spinach as a side.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins