Pizzas are so helpful, especially if there are children at home, the success is assured. I am a fan of mozzarella cheese, I love mixing it with vegetables and this time was no exception. I wanted to give the cherry tomatoes a sweet taste, and the arugula balanced the mixture. Simple but delicious.
Pizza with mozzarella, caramelized cherry tomatoes and arugula
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- FOR THE DOUGH
- 1 package of instant powdered dry yeast (2 ¼ teaspoons)
- 1 cup of warm water (105°-115° F) (40°-46° C)
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of granulated sugar
- 2½ cups of all-purpose flour without baking powder (and a bit more)
- FOR THE TOPPING:
- ½ cup of tomato sauce or paste
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of oil
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 300 grams of mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups of arugula
- Dissolve the yeast in ¼ cup of warm water. Then empty the mix in a large bowl, uniting it with the rest of the water (3/4 cup), oil, sugar, salt and flour. Mix well, add a little extra flour if necessary, it should not stick to your hands. Knead a little. Form a ball and let it rest for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Place the dough on a floured surface and begin to ideally extend it with the hands, or else you can use a rolling pin a little. Once extended, move it to a baking tray covered with parchment paper, or to a pizza baking tray.
- Brush the top surface of the dough with tomato paste or tomato sauce. Bake it for about 10 minutes for pre-cooking.
- To make the topping, place oil in a skillet and then sauté the cherry tomatoes for about 3 minutes, then add the sugar and wait until the sugar dissolves.
- Place the mozzarella cheese and the cherry tomatoes on top, and bake for 10 minutes.
- Before serving, place arugula on top of the pizza.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
Leave a Reply