During this past year I have learned to know better this vegetable named kale. I have been incorporating it to my meals in general. If you learn how to cook it properly, it can be a very good ally, since it is rich in fiber, as well as being a good source of calcium, vitamin A, C and K.
The kale can be prepared raw or cooked, steamed is a good choice as well. And this time I bring you this recipe of how to make kale chips, as it is a very tasty and healthy snack that I prepare almost every week, and for some reason I hadn’t brought the recipe to this blog.
Don’t forget about the important detail of drying the leaves very well in order to make them crisp and crunchy. I also tell you that sometimes I add Parmesan cheese (about a tablespoon) and I mix everything well. They get even tastier, but it’s totally optional.
If you don’t want to miss any new recipes posted in Mi Diario de Cocina, you can subscribe HERE. Remember that you can follow me through Facebook and Twitter. Or if you like the pictures and want more cooking ideas, you can also find me on Instagram and Pinterest.Print
- 1 bunch of kale
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil or oil-spray
- Sea salt or pink salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Wash the kale under a stream of water, and clean thoroughly.
- Dry each kale leaf very well with the aid of an absorbent paper.
- Remove the thickest part of the stem, place the leaves in a bowl, and mix with the oil and salt.
- Then move the leaves to a baking tray, in order to bake them in the oven for about 7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool before consuming.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 7 mins