Delicious Shrimp with mango and avocado, a delicious alternative as an appetizer before lunch or dinner, also as a snack for a get together with friends. It’s a very simple recipe to make, which doesn’t have too many ingredients, and the combination of flavors is incredible. Personally, I think that this type of snack is by far a great way to get a little out of the ordinary, giving it more color, flavor and thereby surprise anyone.
If you are in Chile, you can add a little touch of merquén (smoked red ground pepper spice) to the shrimp at the time of cooking. I don’t not mention this in the recipe itself, though, because in this blog I get visitors from many countries. But basically I suggest giving it a bit of heat with a spicy seasoning of your choice.
If you’re not a fan of cilantro, you can substitute it with parsley, but you need to give it a green touch. If you don’t have sour cream, you could replace it with Greek yogurt.
I love making this type of preparation, it is perfect to show off my artisan crafts such as those saucers, spoons and clay dishes that I was able to buy when I went to Chile and that we bought them from Angelmó (a well-known fish market in the city of Puerto Montt) with my husband, they are so beautiful and ideal to be able to serve food for snacking.
The corn tortilla is by far the ideal item for the base of this preparation, because it not only provides flavor but also crispness, which gives it a greater appeal and feast on the palate.
By far I recommend distributing the ingredients on a table, in addition to the already cooked shrimp, the sauce, and that each person assembles them at the moment, since with this we avoid the tortilla from softening too much.
- 32 large fresh and clean shrimp
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- Corn chips
- 1 mango
- 2 avocados
- 1/4 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- In a frying pan, melt the butter.
- Sauté the shrimp and minced garlic.
- Season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Once ready, place the shrimp in a bowl.
- In another bowl mix the avocados cut into squares.
- Add the mango cut the same size as the avocados.
- Add the onion, chopped into small squares.
- Season with a pinch of salt and lime juice.
- In another bowl, mix the sour cream, and 1/4 cup of lime juice.
- Assemble the snack by placing a tortilla chip as a base, then add one or two shrimp, then add the mango/avocado mixture on top, then add a little bit of sour cream, and finally some chopped cilantro on top.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Category: Appetizer
Keywords: shrimp, avocado, mango