I love having the possibility of learning about new cheeses, thus being able to create new recipes and new ideas that I can share.
Since a while ago I started having a little obsession with crostini, I just love them! I find the crostini so versatile when it comes to building them, which also turn out to be a perfect appetizer, or just something to snack on when sharing with friends. For my taste, the perfect bread for this is a baguette, and just by toasting slices of it a little, we can complement these with a tasty topping such as the one I present here.
This time I used white cheese from the Tropical Cheese brand, because I considered it an excellent complement when mixing with ingredients I had in mind, such as tomato, parsley, and cilantro, among others.
White cheese is very popular in the Caribbean region, it is used for blends with guava as a dessert, in addition to mixing it with other fruits. As this cheese is not for melting, it was perfect for my crostini since I used it in small squares mixed with the rest of the ingredients and topped over the bread, it was really tasty and different.
This recipe is very easy to make, it doesn’t need many ingredients or a lot of time to prepare it. It is also quite abundant, ideal if you have guests. And the presentation is quite appetizing.Print
- 1 white cheese from Tropical Cheese brand, 16 oz (454 gr)
- 1 large tomato, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon of chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon of minced mint
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1 baguette bread
- In a bowl, add the chopped garlic, cilantro, parsley and mint. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the oil and stir well.
- Add the white cheese (cut into small squares), and then add the chopped tomato.
- Unite everything very well and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut small slices of baguette bread, and bring to the oven at 350°F (180°C) for about 8 minutes.
- Then assemble the crostinis by placing a generous portion of the white cheese mixture on top of each baguette slice.
- Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 15 mins