This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NaturallyCheesy #CollectiveBias
December remains as one of the most pleasant months, gastronomically speaking, because it is the month in which the people who like cooking tend to seek for new ideas, in order to innovate the dinners on Christmas or New Year. It’s been customary that appetizers are served before dinner, which would be a great snack before the actual dinner. This brings everyone’s appetite up for what’s coming next. I particularly love creating new recipe ideas for these type of occasions. That’s why these delicious Crostinis with Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese and caramelized bell peppers can be an excellent alternative for these special days. This is a very simple idea to make, with well-balanced flavors, and the best is that they don’t take much time to prepare, and you can prepare them in advance, since the bell peppers that go on top may very well be cold if you desire. What I would advise, though, is to leave the toasting of the bread for the end, as always a warm loaf of bread is more enjoyable.
For this occasion I went to Walmart, in order to get some Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese, plus all the other ingredients I needed for the recipe. You may also benefit from the offer of $1.00 off the purchase of 2 Philadelphia Cream Cheeses, from December 13th until February 13th next year (2016).
You can find the Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese in the refrigerated section of Walmart, as well as other delicious Kraft products.Print
- 1 baguette bread
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 package of Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese (8 oz, 226 g)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup of sliced almonds
- 1–2 tablespoons of chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the baguette bread into slices, sprinkle some olive oil on them, if you want you can also add a little bit of oregano. Place them on a baking tray at 350°F (180°C) for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the chives, add this to the cream cheese, and also add the sliced almonds.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Cut the bell pepper into thin strips. Heat in a pan a little bit of oil and saute the bell pepper strips for about 3 minutes. Add a spoonful of sugar and leave it there until the sugar has dissolved.
- Assemble the crostinis by spreading some cream cheese mixture on the bread slices, and then place a teaspoon of the caramelized bell pepper strips on top of that.
And what ideas do you have for these special days? I would love you to share some of your ideas in the comments section below. Here you can also get other recipes and ideas from Kraft and their products: click HERE.