Today I wanted to share here these baked apples, a recipe that’s super easy to make, and I really mean it when I say that one doesn’t need to know how to cook in order to prepare them. The steps to follow are very easy, and it’s a good alternative if you have lots of apples, if you have guests, or you simply want to indulge yourself. The sweetness can be handled according to the amount of sugar you want to add. Preferably, I’d suggest using green apples, as they are more acidic and less sweet, and hence you can achieve a perfect contrast with the added sugar, plus they get very tasty best roasted. Another good suggestion is that you can serve this dessert warm, and as a touch you may also add a scoop of your favorite ice cream on top. Also, if you so desire, you can also garnish with a mint leaf, but that is just to give some glamour to the dessert.Print
- 4 green apples
- 2 tablespoons of butter (it’s ok if you want to use margarine)
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C)
- Hollow the apples carefully. Notice there’s an ideal accessory to remove the core from apples, as you can see in the picture above. But if you don’t have one, use a sharp knife.
- In each hole put a little bit of butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Place the apples in a bowl with a little water, and if you desire you may also add a little more sugar to the base of the bowl.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes.
- It should form a kind of caramel on the base of the bowl, which can be used at the time of serving the apples.
- If you want, you can serve this dessert wile it’s warm, accompanied with an ice cream of your choice.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins