I must say that I’m a big fan of pizza in general, and in any house with children it’s often one of the favorite dishes. That is why for many years I’ve been making the whole pizza myself, because that allows one to choose the products with the best quality for the toppings and also allows us to make some variations of the recipe, and why not also mentioning that one may also save some money that way. And in my quest for trying to prepare healthier recipes is that this pizza recipe came out, which doesn’t contain white flour, but instead I used almond flour. Alternatively, you may also use oatmeal flour. It’s very simple to make, you may either use a metal grater, or you can use a food processor. Another important detail is that you must have a clean cloth to squeeze out the large amount of liquid that the zucchini itself contains. In this blog there are many recipes with this vegetable, because I love its taste and because it is extremely versatile, and an example of that is this pizza recipe. If you purchase or make a good tomato sauce, the result is spectacular. My little daughter just loved it!.
You may also want to see my following pizza recipes: Pizza with mozzarella, caramelized cherry tomatoes and arugula, and Pizza with ricotta, caramelized onions, mushrooms, and arugula. As for zucchini, check out my following recipes: Carrots and zucchini croquettes, Stuffed zucchini with chicken, and Zucchini stuffed with pasta.
Pizza with zucchini base
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- 4 zucchinis
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of almond flour (may use oatmeal flour instead)
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt to taste
For the toppings you can use:
- Tomato sauce
- Mozarella cheese (or another that you may like)
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 380°F (190°C).
- Wash the zucchinis and cut the ends out. Then grate them in either a metal grater or using a food processor. Then put the grated zucchinis on a cloth, and squeeze to remove as much liquid as possible. Place these zucchinis in a bowl, and mix with an egg.
- Add almond flour, mozzarella cheese, and salt to taste. Mix well until producing a dough, which must be extended over a baking tray.
- Spread some tomato sauce on top of the extended zucchini dough, and bring this to the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and then add the toppings to your taste. I used mozarella cheese, mushrooms, olives, cherry tomatoes and chopped basil. Bake for about 10 additional minutes.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
Leave a Reply