Whether it’s winter or summer, salads are always “the law” in my home. Well, maybe not that much, but still, my husband likes them as much as I do, and we try our children to love them as well. There’s nothing more refreshing and lighter than eating salads. On the other hand, it’s good to try different blends, and they don’t necessarily have to be with too many ingredients. I always think that the simpler, the better. Now, in regards to the dressings, one has to be careful, because many times we nailed it with the salad blend, but we mess up by using dressings with high fat or sodium content. Particularly for me, the mixture of lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper is ideal, almost for any type of salad, and mustard is of course also a good ally for seasoning with other ingredients.
For this salad I used fresh corn, which I pre-cooked for no more than 5 minutes. The radishes are so fresh that they mix very well in conjunction with the jalapeno pepper, which provides a final touch of spiciness.
You may also like my recipes of Salad of arugula, spinach, almonds, and raspberries with yogurt sauce, and Beets with goat cheese, arugula and almonds.
- 2 or 3 corns
- 3 radishes
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- Juice of one lemon
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- The corn must be cooked in hot water for about 5 minutes from the point the water begins to boil.
- Then cut the corns lengthwise, place them in a bowl.
- Cut the radishes into slices or other type of cut that you may prefer.
- Also cut the jalapeno pepper.
- Then, in a glass or similar, mix the lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper.
- Season the salad with this dressing.