It makes me happy when I have the opportunity to make a recipe such as this Vegan chocolate cheesecake, a delicious and much healthier alternative. And the truth is that it is not necessary for you to be a vegan or anything like that, the only requirement is that you would like to try something different, sweet, and with a nutritional content.
Furthermore, the wonderful thing about this cheesecake is that it does not need any baking, so ideally you would like to make it the day before, because you will need a couple of hours before this recipe is ready. In my home it was an absoulte success, and it is a great alternative as dessert or as a snack.
You may also be interested to look at my recipes of Gluten-free chocolate cake and Chocolate-vegetables muffins.
If you don’t want to miss any new recipes posted in Mi Diario de Cocina, you can subscribe HERE. Remember that you can follow me through Facebook and Twitter. Or if you like the pictures and want more cooking ideas, you can also find me on Instagram and Pinterest.Print
Vegan chocolate cheesecake
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 10 1x
INGREDIENTS FOR THE BASE:
- 10 dates
- 1/2 cup of almond flour
INGREDIENTS FOR THE FILLING:
- 2 bananas
- 2 cups of cashews, soaked in water for 2 hours
- 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup or honey
INGREDIENTS FOR THE DECORATION ON TOP
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- Peanut (or almond) butter
- Strawberries, plus 1 tablespoon of maple syrup or brown sugar
PREPARATION OF THE BASE:
- In a blender or food processor, combine both ingredients until forming a paste. Then, distribute this mixture into a mold, as the base of the cheesecake.
PREPARATION OF THE FILLING:
- Mix all the ingredients (for the filling) in a blender or food processor. Achieve a mix that is even and smooth. Then, pour this mixture over the base into the mold. Cover with plastic wrap, and bring it to the freezer for 8 hours or overnight.
PREPARATION OF THE DECORATION ON TOP:
- If you have molds for chocolate or bonbons, mix the coconut oil, cocoa, and maple syrup. When everything is well mixed, distribute that mix by filling half of each mold space. Bring it to the freezer for about 5 minutes. Then remove from the freezer, and put some peanut (or almond) butter into each mold, and then end up filling the rest of each mold with the remaining chocolate. Bring this to the freezer for about 5 minutes, and then unmold.
- The other alternative for decorating on top is to slice some strawberries, and then bring them to a pot with maple syrup or brown sugar. Cook for about 4 minutes. Allow to cool before placing over the cheesecake.
- You can decorate with both alternatives or just one, whatever your choice is.
- Then you can keep it in the refrigerator for a few days.
- Prep Time: 25 mins
[…] may also like my recipes of Vegan chocolate cheesecake and No-Bake Pineapple […]