These Chocolate almond protein balls came up because it is a well-known recurrent topic that we women like taking care of ourselves. That is why when we make the decision to work out in order to lose weight and at the same time having a proper diet, the expected goal is that in the long term we can see permanent changes, which doesn’t happen much with fast diets, in which the only thing that is achieved is a reduction and then a gain in weight again, and with that we’d mistreat our body. It is necessary to understandd that it’s possible to carry a life with foods that are healthy and delicious at the same time, and that doesn’t mean that from time to time we can also treat ourselves with other more caloric things.
This time I bring you a perfect snack for before or after a workout routine. Or also for when you crave for something sweet, this is a good alternative. Of course, don’t forget that no matter how healthy they are, everything should be eaten in moderation.
These snacks are very quick to make, and additionally you can adapt the recipe to your taste, as among all the the ingredients I used chocolate protein powder, which can be simply replaced by cocoa or dark chocolate if you wish.
If you don’t want to miss any new recipes posted in Mi Diario de Cocina, you can subscribe HERE. Remember that you can follow me through Facebook and Twitter. Or if you like the pictures and want more cooking ideas, you can also find me on Instagram and Pinterest.Print
- 1 cup of almonds
- 1 cup of dates (can be about 6)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of protein powder, ideally chocolate-flavored (can be replaced by cocoa powder)
- 3 tablespoons of grated coconut
- Soak the dates for about 2 hours.
- Grind the almonds with a hand blender, or another powerful blender. Add the dates after having removed their seeds, in case they have. Also add the protein powder or cocoa.
- Grind and mix everything very well.
- It should achieve a consistency such that it doesn’t stick to the hands.
- Then make 20 equally-sized balls and roll them on the shredded coconut.
- They last in the refrigerator for about a week.
- Prep Time: 10 mins