Can you believe that with only nutritious ingredients you have the possibility to enjoy a little delicacy? That’s the idea I bring you today with these Almond balls, a perfect snack for your kids and for us, especially when we are craving for something sweet, and what better than something containing healthy ingredients. Of course, everything in excess (no matter how healthy it might be) is bad, but trying just one or two of these balls, believe me that it will do you very well.
For the chocolate cover these balls have, I recommend using one that’s 60 or 70% cocoa, because it contains less sugar and the cocoa flavor is more real. Today you can find chocolate chips having that percentage of cocoa. These chips are easy to use, as you only need to place them in the microwave to melt.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and dare to try new flavors, I promise you will not regret it.
You may also be interested to see my recipes of Cake pops for my baby and Oatmeal cereal chocolate bars.
If you don’t want to miss any new recipes posted in Mi Diario de Cocina, you can subscribe HERE. Remember that you can follow me through Facebook and Twitter. Or if you like the pictures and want more cooking ideas, you can also find me on Instagram and Pinterest.Print
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 12 1x
- 1 cup of ground almonds (almond flour)
- 1/3 cup of almond butter
- 1 cup of dates
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- Soak the dates in water for at least one hour. Then remove their seeds if they have any.
- Then, in a food processor or blender, mix the ground almonds, almond butter, and dates.
- Form a solid dough, and with them make small balls of the desired size.
- Bring the chocolate chips into the microwave for a minute. Once melted, cover each dough ball with that chocolate.
- Refrigerate for at least half an hour.
- These balls last for two weeks in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
[…] You may also be interested to look at my recipes of “Snickers, healthier version” or “Almond balls“. […]