This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PickedAtPeak #CollectiveBias
This delicious and easy-to-make Chicken stew reminds me how important it is to bring back those meals that are so comforting and simple, which my mother used to make. The stew is a kind of dish that’s very popular in Chile, which includes potatoes, some vegetables, some kind of meat, and in this case tomato sauce that will add color and an exceptional flavor. That is why I chose the Prego Farmers’ Market® sauce, and among all the available varieties I chose the “Tomato & Basil” one, as this mixture is perfect and different in order to achieve a stew with a consistency and taste that you will love. In addition, this recipe is ideal for lunch or dinner. Best of all is that you do not need to invest much time in the kitchen for its preparation, with only some simple vegetables, a good meat, and the perfect touch of Prego Farmers’ Market® you can delight your palate in the simplicity of this preparation.
In this occasion I went to Walmart to purchase Prego Farmers’ Market® Tomato & Basil, but please notice that you can also choose the Classic Marinara or Roasted Garlic varieties.
In the same aisle where the pastas are, you can also find some of the delicious sauces that Prego Farmers’ Market® offers. You can take advantage of a discount coupon for Prego Farmers’ Market® products, that you can download from HERE.
Rest assured that this dish that is so simple to make is ideal for these fall season days, using fresh ingredients for its preparation, and you can also change the type of meat to use if you so desire.Print
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano
- A pinch of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of ground chili, or paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 sliced carrots
- 1 to 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 jar of Prego Farmers’ Market® Tomato & Basil
- 6 potatoes
- In a skillet, fry in the oil the onion cut in julienne for about 3 minutes.
- Add the chopped garlic and seasonings: oregano, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Add the sliced carrots. Stir well.
- Then add the chicken, previously chopped into small chunks, and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add 1/2 of a jar of Prego Farmers’ Market® Tomato & Basil sauce, the potatoes diced into large pieces, and some water (you can use just half a cup). Mix well, and cook over medium-low heat for about 20 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
- Let the stew stand for about 10 minutes before serving, ideally.
- Serve with some chopped parsley.
You will be able to prepare and create many types of recipes with these delicious Prego Farmers’ Market® sauces.