This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #AuthenticSalsaStyle #CollectiveBias
There are traditions that no matter where you are, you can make them last over time, just needing the desire and good friends. In this opportunity, I only needed to make these very delicious Chilean skewers with HERDEZ® Salsa Casera (homemade sauce), a different version from the traditional recipe, which makes it a contribution to have variety when enjoying this recipe that happens to be so versatile, as you can enjoy it by itself or with a simple side dish, making it perfect for lunch or dinner.
While there are many varieties of skewers, in Chile they are very traditional when it comes to doing something on the grill, and September (the national holidays month) is when they are mostly prepared. We usually gather around the grill, enjoying some good Chilean cocktails, good music, and of course good conversations. These are just some simple things, which because of the same, we have been able to continue doing so here in the United States with our Chilean friends. Generally, in order to complement the skewers, we also use some green salad or Chilean-style salad, and the homemade bread as well as the pebre-sauce can’t be missed either. Those details bring us back almost like being in our beloved Chile.
This summer we enjoyed very much cooking things on the grill. And the truth is that this version and the twist I was able to give to the meat on the skewers just by marinating them with HERDEZ® Salsa Casera, they got a very tasty flavor, with a certain spiciness, just perfect.
In order to purchase the HERDEZ® Salsa Casera, I went to Walmart with the company of my kids, and they actually helped me finding the “Hispanic products” aisle. In there I found not only the Salsa Casera, but also the Salsa Verde (green sauce) among other products.
Get recipe inspiration and beef nutrition information at “Beef. It’s What’s For Dinner“.Print
- 1 kg (about 2 lb) of meat for the grill
- 2 sausages
- 1 or 2 green bell peppers
- 1 onion
- 1/2 cup of HERDEZ® Salsa Casera
- Skewer sticks (metal or wood)
- Cut the meat into chunks that are not too excessively large, also cut the sausages, peppers and onions.
- Then, in a separate bowl or container, place the cut meat with 1/2 cup of HERDEZ® Salsa Casera. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Then build the skewers by placing a chunk of meat and sausage, and then a piece of green pepper and onion. Repeat again to completely fill the skewer sticks.
- Bring the skewers to the grill for about 15 minutes, or until they’re fully cooked.
- Enjoy with a salad or just alone.
For more ideas and recipes with HERDEZ® products, and to know where to find them at Walmart, do not forget to follow them on the following social networks: