These banana marbled muffins are surprisingly tasty. An easy recipe, ideal for children and for those with an allergy to eggs. Because yes, you read that right, this recipe does not include eggs. The dough you’ll get is fluffy and with a perfect moisture.
For those who are not very familiar with the word “marbled”, it’s about muffins or cakes whose dough is half chocolate and half vanilla, where a mixture of both is made to obtain a bicolor dough. Besides of being delicious, they look beautiful.
Remember that on this kind of recipe the ingredients may be adapted to fit your preferences or needs. If you do not like vegetable milk, such as almond or coconut, you can use regular cow’s milk, either low fat or whole. As for the sugar, you may sweeten the dough with Stevia, or you can also use maple syrup, coconut sugar, brown sugar, or just traditional sugar, it’s your choice.
I got my inspiration on this recipe from Isa Chandra, who actually presented a cake, but I transformed it into these tasty banana marbled muffins.
If you don’t want to miss any new recipes posted in Mi Diario de Cocina, you can subscribe HERE. Remember that you can follow me through Facebook and Twitter. Or if you like the pictures and want more cooking ideas, you can also find me on Instagram and Pinterest.Print
- 1 ripe banana
- 3/4 cup of sugar (may use less)
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1/3 cup of vegetable or cow’s milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour (without baking powder)
- A pinch of baking soda
- A little bit of salt
- 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 6 tablespoons of water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C)
- Prepare the molds or paper you’ll use.
- Mash the banana, mix it with sugar and then add the oil.
- In a separate bowl, mix all the dry ingredients, except the cocoa powder.
- Add the dry ingredients mix into the banana mixture. Also add the vanilla extract and milk.
- Divide the whole mixture in two, and use one of these halves to add cocoa powder and water.
- Place both mixtures by spoonfuls into the molds, first one of chocolate, then the vanilla, and so on.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 14 mins