I definitely love quiches, the fillings can be as many as our imagination is able to come up with. Besides, they are a perfect fit for any meal. If you want to have something simple around midweek, you may have a piece of quiche with a soup or a salad.
They are also excellent for a brunch and even for a picnic, since you can also enjoy them at room temperature.
This time I used sun-dried tomatoes, which I soaked for about half an hour before the actual preparation. If you are not a fan of this type of tomatoes, or you just don’t have them, you may replace them for traditional tomatoes, but without the seeds.
This recipe is an adaptation of the Chef Rosario Valdés.
If you don’t want to miss any new recipes posted in Mi Diario de Cocina, you can subscribe HERE. Remember that you can follow me through Facebook and Twitter. Or if you like the pictures and want more cooking ideas, you can also find me on Instagram and Pinterest.Print
INGREDIENTS FOR THE DOUGH
- 1 cup of flour
- 60g (about 2 oz) of butter
- 1 tablespoon of chopped rosemary, ideally fresh
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons of cold water
INGREDIENTS FOR THE FILLING
- 1 taza de fondos de alcachofas
- 1/2 taza de tomates deshidratados
- 1/2 taza de queso mantecoso picado o rallado
- 2 huevos
- 1/2 taza de crema líquida
- 1/4 cucharadita de romero picado
- 1/2 cucharadita de albahaca seca picada
- In a food processor, and even with the help of a hand blender, place in a bowl the flour, butter and rosemary. Process using short bursts until crumbs are formed. Add the yolk and water.
- Continue until a dough is achieved.
- Pack the dough into a plastic wrap, and refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, butter a round mold (about 20cm in diameter / 8 inches). Set aside.
- Roll the dough out, and then cover the mold with the dough.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C)
- Bake for about 15 minutes
- Distribute (over the baked crust) the artichokes and chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
- Then add chopped cheese, the beaten eggs with the cream, herbs, and then season with salt and pepper to taste. Once everything is well laid out, bake at 350°F (180°C) for about 20 minutes or until it solidifies enough.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins