INGREDIENTS FOR THE DOUGH
- 1 cup of flour
- 60g (about 2 oz) of butter
- 1 tablespoon of chopped rosemary, ideally fresh
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons of cold water
INGREDIENTS FOR THE FILLING
- 1 taza de fondos de alcachofas
- 1/2 taza de tomates deshidratados
- 1/2 taza de queso mantecoso picado o rallado
- 2 huevos
- 1/2 taza de crema líquida
- 1/4 cucharadita de romero picado
- 1/2 cucharadita de albahaca seca picada
- In a food processor, and even with the help of a hand blender, place in a bowl the flour, butter and rosemary. Process using short bursts until crumbs are formed. Add the yolk and water.
- Continue until a dough is achieved.
- Pack the dough into a plastic wrap, and refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, butter a round mold (about 20cm in diameter / 8 inches). Set aside.
- Roll the dough out, and then cover the mold with the dough.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C)
- Bake for about 15 minutes
- Distribute (over the baked crust) the artichokes and chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
- Then add chopped cheese, the beaten eggs with the cream, herbs, and then season with salt and pepper to taste. Once everything is well laid out, bake at 350°F (180°C) for about 20 minutes or until it solidifies enough.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.