In the simplicity of fruits is that we can give them a different touch just by adding some ingredients that make their flavors to stand out even more and without losing the protagonism. This is how I looked in my pantry for a few jars in which I keep different types of seeds, besides of almonds, walnuts and other types of nuts, as well as different types of flour, and some types of sugars such as brown or coconut.
Here in Atlanta I was surprised in some supermarkets, as I have found up to 5 different types of pears. I don’t know them all yet, but this time I wanted to buy the most traditional one, because I perfectly know their taste and I know they are easier to find in any other country.
This recipe got developed at every step, and with little details I obtained a wonderful dessert. The nice thing about this recipe for Baked pears with seeds is that you can vary the ingredient amounts according to your taste. Here I leave some suggestions on how I got a perfect result, just like I wanted it.
In order to extract the center of the pears, I used a corer tool. But if you do not have this kitchen tool, you can also use a good metal spoon. However, what I recommend is not even thinking about peeling the pears, because the skin contains much of its nutrients, and also because it gives them a special flavor.
An important detail is that if you don’t have any pears, or you simply don’t like them completely, you may also use apples or peaches, and the recipe instructions remains the same.
If you don’t want to miss any of the new recipes from Mi Diario de Cocina, you can subscribe HERE. Remember that you can also follow me through Facebook, Twitter, or if you like pictures and more ideas for cooking can additionally find me on Instagram or Pinterest.Print
- 2 large pears
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 4 teaspoons of brown sugar, you may add a little more if desired.
- 4 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons of different kinds of seeds
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 4 teaspoons of sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons of water
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Prepare a baking dish and drizzle with cooking spray.
- Cut the pears and remove the center with a corer tool or a spoon.
- Place the 4 halves on the baking dish.
- Over each half, place a little piece of butter and a teaspoon of brown sugar, vanilla extract, chia seeds, almonds, and finally pour the water directly on the baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes, and then use the syrup that the pears will release to pour some on top of the pears, right before serving.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins