I find it incredible that I keep adding ingredients that I didn’t like when I was little, in this case I’m talking about beets. I have learned to discover its taste and to combine it with other flavors. In this case, the mixture of these two main ingredients (beets and goat cheese) seems fascinating. Unlike in Chile, I remember that my father used to buy a cheese at the farmer’s market, which had a firmer consistency and not always evenly salted. Here in Atlanta I can find a much creamier cheese. In either case, they’re both different, but tasty. I was able to make this recipe as a starter dish, or simply as a salad to go with a protein such as chicken, fish or meat.Print
Beets with goat cheese, arugula and almonds
- Total Time: 55 mins
- Yield: 2 1x
- 2 small beets
- 6 slices of goat cheese, cut into thick slices
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh washed arugula
- 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons of sliced almonds
- aluminum foil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C)
- Wrap each beet in aluminum foil. Place them on a baking tray and bake for 40 minutes.
- Once ready, let them cool down and then peel their skins.
- On the center of the plate we wish to use, place one beet slice, then a layer of goat cheese, then another beet slice, and so on.
- Place the arugula on the plate, around the tower of beets and goat cheese.
- In a small bowl, mix the oil, balsamic vinegar and a little bit of salt, to make the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the arugula, and also over the beets and goat cheese.
- Finally, place some sliced almonds over each plate.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
Leave a Reply