This post was sponsored by Alaska Seafood as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Have I told you that salmon is definitely one of my favorite types of fish? That is why I always look for ways to integrate it into my diet, since it is an excellent source of protein, and luckily around here I can find Alaska salmon in several Farmers Markets. The color and taste of this fish makes it worth buying. In addition, the Alaska fish are sustainable, and among the varieties of salmon you can find coho, keta, and pink, but this time I chose the King variety.
That is why I wanted to prepare a very simple dish, and for this I used zucchinis along with a spiral machine, with which I made my spaghetti. And to make it even tastier, I opted for a very simple-to-make avocado sauce with Greek yogurt. For the salmon I only used salt and pepper, and I was able to prepare it using just a non-stick frying pan with a little bit of coconut oil spray. Once it was done, I gave it a little splash of lemon juice on top.
It really was an excellent combination and dish overall.Print
- 1 unit of Alaska salmon
- Coconut oil spray, or 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste (for the salmon)
- 1/2 of a lemon
- 1 or 2 zucchinis
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper to taste (for the sauce)
- 1 tablespoon of chopped cilantro
- Cherry tomatoes
- In a frying pan (ideally nonstick), spray some coconut (or olive) oil. Cook the Alaska salmon, previously seasoned with salt and pepper, for about 4 minutes per side, or depending on the thickness of the fish it may be require a little more or less time. See how the tone in the color of the salmon changes.
- Meanwhile, in a plate or bowl, mash the avocado and mix it with the Greek yogurt. Season with salt and pepper. Add the chopped cilantro. Set aside.
- Cut the zucchinis in the shape of spaghetti, place it on a plate and take it to the microwave oven for one minute.
- Then mix it with the avocado sauce, unite very well, and integrate the cherry tomatoes, whole or cut in half.
- Serve the spaghetti on a plate along with the salmon recently cooked. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
This Alaska salmon is of exceptional quality, and its flavor is delicious in whatever form it is prepared. For this reason, I recommend asking in places where you usually shop or even in restaurants you may visit whether they have Alaska salmon. I invite you to share on your social networks your experience of buying Alaska salmon using the hashtag #AskForAlaska.
For more information, ideas, or recipes of this delicious salmon from Alaska, you may visit the Alaska Seafood website HERE. You can also visit their Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest sites for even more information.