This post is sponsored by Ghirardelli®. The opinions and text are all mine.
I have many recipes in this blog where chocolate is the protagonist, of course all delicious and easy to prepare. This time I bring you a simple Chocolate Cake, but certainly one of the yummiest I’ve tried lately. Plus, it’s gluten-free!
Perhaps you may say that the following statement is only my personal opinion, but the truth is that as time goes by, I have realized that in the kitchen, you can find wonderful ways to delight the palate using simple flavors and mixtures.
If you have chocolate lovers in your family, like I do, you should definitely try this cake. You can satisfy, in a very special way, those you care about.
That is why I turned to Ghirardelli for the variety of their products with excellent quality and flavor, that take this delicious cake to a whole other level. At the base of the cake I used Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, as it is perfect for baked goods.
As for the filling, I used Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips, for the simple reason that they contributed a more intense flavor.
I also really recommend Ghirardelli for pastries, as they are committed to offering excellent quality products. Therefore, you will have an exceptional experience in your preparations.
Discover the entire line of Ghirardelli Baking chocolates, where you can use any of the varieties for your preparations of brownies, cookies, cookies, muffins, snacks or cakes like the delight that I present to you now.
This delicious Chocolate Cake, prepared with Ghirardelli chips, mixes very well with berries on top. It is also perfect as a holiday dessert and for teatime.
If you want to take your preparations to another level, don’t hesitate to use Ghirardelli products, especially its Premium Baking Chips line. I also love Ghirardelli because of their commitment to quality from bean to chip. They use sustainably sourced cacao beans, so you always know what you are getting.
If you want to show off your baking skills, this recipe will not disappoint you.Print
- 90 grams (~3 oz) of butter (approximately 1/2 cup) at room temperature
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Baking Chips
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup of rice flour or quinoa flour
- 3 Tbsp of potato starch
- 1 1/2 Tbsp of tapioca flour
- 1/2 tsp of xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/3 cup of water
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
FOR THE GANACHE:
- 1 cup of Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Baking Chips
- 1 1/2 Tbsp of butter
- 2 Tbsp of heavy whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Butter a round mold of about 26 cm / 10 in (you can replace it with one of 24 cm / 9.5 in also).
- Beat the butter in a bowl or in the mixer until it is creamy (2 minutes approx).
- Then add the sugar and beat until creamy, for about 5 to 8 minutes (do not beat less than that time, because otherwise it will not achieve the consistency we are looking for).
- Add the melted chocolate, and then the eggs one by one.
- Unite everything very well.
- Mix all the dry ingredients and gradually add them to the butter mixture, as well as also gradually adding the milk and water. You then add a little bit of dry ingredients and some milk, then some dry ingredients and water, and so on, repeating until finished.
- Pour the mixture into the mold and bake for about 30 minutes.
- For the ganache: Melt the chocolate, butter and cream.
- Cover the cake with the ganache and place the berries on top.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Category: Bakery
Keywords: Ghirardelli, chocolate. cake
For more recipes and ideas, visit Ghirardelli.com.
Visit Publix and you’ll find all of the deals and discounts of Ghirardelli Baking Chips.
From 11/15/19 – 12/31/19, you can get $1.50 off any 2 bags of Ghirardelli Baking Chips.
How will you showcase the Ghirardelli difference this holiday season?