I come from a country that consumes a lot of bread, it is always an alternative for “tea time”, which usually represents dinner time in other countries. In Chile it is usually like that, people don’t have dinner, but instead people have a tea-time snack, which is basically eating a sandwich with tea or coffee. Nowadays, some homes have changed these customs, and they just have dinner directly. But it will always depend on the time and money that each home ultimately has.
Either way, today I present a delicious Turkey Sandwich, it is a delicious alternative to use that turkey that was left over from dinner. In addition, this sandwich can replace lunch, dinner or is perfect for a picnic.
While sandwiches seem to be very easy to make, and that may be true for the most part, a great sandwich requires some additional skills. Finding a tasty mix of ingredients and balanced flavors is not always easy.
Of course you can replace the turkey with chicken, and the cheese with one of your taste. If you want, you can click on this recipe for Sandwich Bread that, which is perfect for this sandwich, or else you can purchase some other tasty bread of your choice. I bought a whole wheat bread at Whole Foods Market.
Delicious Turkey Sandwich, ideal to use that turkey left over from dinner. You can also replace with chicken.
- 1 sandwich bread of your choice per person, ciabatta is perfect
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 1/2 cup cranberries sauce
- Turkey pieces
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Salt to taste
- 125 grams (4.4 oz) of cheddar cheese in slices
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the green onion.
- In a frying pan, melt the butter and sauté the turkey pieces, season with salt.
- Meanwhile, heat the bread in the oven for a few minutes. Then add in the base the cranberry sauce, cheese, turkey pieces, and spinach. Then, in the top bread slice, place and spread mayonnaise.
- Serve immediately.
If you use fresh bread, you can consume it at room temperature without the need to heat it.
- Category: Sandwich
Keywords: bread, turkey, sandwich