This Apple Pie is a simple and tasty recipe, a good alternative as a dessert or to accompany your tea or coffee.
If you are a fan of cakes, this will not leave you indifferent, and even more if you like the classic Lemon Pie, this alternative with apples will also please you. The only problem is that this perhaps can cause a little addiction.
For this recipe you can utilize any apple variety and there is no need for any previous cooking. It will only be enough to peel and grate the apples.
For this Apple Pie, I recommend a Swiss meringue, it is easy to make, you just have to have patience and ideally a mixer, because doing it by hand will take too long to achieve the perfect consistency.
If you really like cinnamon, you can also add 1/2 more teaspoon.Print
- 80 g (2.8 oz) of butter
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of flour (140 g, 5 oz)
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder (10 g, 0.35 oz)
- 2 tablespoons of milk (only if necessary)
FILLING AND MERINGUE:
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup of applesauce (1 large apple, peeled, cooked and mashed)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar (180 grs, 6.3 oz)
- DOUGH: Beat the butter with the sugar for about 3 minutes at least. Add the egg. Whisk a little more and then add the flour and baking powder, then add the milk (only if necessary). The dough should not stick to the hands. Spread the dough in a 23 cm (9 in) buttered mold, and prick the dough with a fork. Bake for about 15 minutes at 400°F (200°C).
- FILLING: mix the condensed milk with the cinnamon powder, applesauce and 3 beaten yolks and passed through a strainer. Reserve in the refrigerator.
- Remove the baked dough from the oven, pour the filling on top, and again in the oven for about 15 minutes or until the filling is solid.
- MERINGUE: beat 3 egg whites (100 grs, 3.5 oz) with 3/4 cup of sugar (180 grs, 6.3 oz) at bain-marie, then when the sugar crystals dissolve, continue beating away from the heat until obtaining a firm meringue. Add the meringue on top of the apple pie to finish.