These Madeleines cookies are so classic, so spongy and tasty, and ideal to enjoy them soon after they have cooled down. That is why it’s best to eat them fresh, and hopefully not keeping them for more than a day or so. They’re ideal to give them as a present, or to enjoy them with a cup of tea or coffee. This is a super recipe that I adapted from Rachel Khoo.
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour (without baking powder)
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- Zest of one lemon (grate the peel without the white part of the lemon)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of honey
- 1/4 cup of liquid milk
- 3/4 cup of melted (and cooled) butter
- Powdered sugar to sprinkle
- Beat the eggs with the granulated sugar, until achieving a pale color and a frothy texture.
- In another bowl mix the flour, baking powder, and lemon zest.
- In another separate bowl also mix the milk, honey, and the melted butter. Then add this mixture to the egg mix.
- Then pour the flour mixture into the egg mixture as well.
- Unite everything in a thorough way.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Prepare the molds for the Madeleines by buttering the mold for the cookies.
- Place one tablespoon of the dough in each mold space.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- When removing them from the oven, place them in a cooling tray.
- Finally, when they have cooled down, sprinkle them with powdered sugar on top and serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 8 mins