This post has been compensated by Vive Mejor and Dime Media. All opinions are 100% mine.
Perhaps one of the most frequent comments I read in my blog from my followers is “what to cook at lunchtime”. For those who are not very fond of cooking, or for those who do like to cook, but the idea of having to think daily about what to cook, can become a real pain.
I can even confess that it happens to me too, even though I love cooking! That is why I always try to focus on recipes that are really easy to make, with ingredients that can be found anywhere, and with that to demonstrate that it is in fact possible to eat different and tasty without the need to resort to expensive products.
This time I visited the website from Vive Mejor, because in there I can gain inspiration and get to recipes exactly as one wants, with guidelines on how to achieve those true flavors passed between generations from Latina moms, making mealtime a very enjoyable time. For instance, I came across the recipe of “Havana-Style Baked Eggs”, I gave a small twist to it, and now I named my new recipe as “Baked eggs with vegetables”.
This recipe is perfect as accompaniment, a good choice for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. It is very easy to make, it will not take much time, and it’s a perfect fit for those who are looking to make their lives easier in the kitchen.Print
Baked eggs with vegetables
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread
- 1 medium green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup drained no salt added diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup thawed corn
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. crumbled queso fresco
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley leaves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly spray 1-quart round casserole with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Melt Country Crock® Spread in large nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook green pepper and onion, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until starting to soften. Add the tomatoes and corn, and cook 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Turn into prepared casserole.
- Beat eggs, water and pepper with a wire whisk. Add egg mixture to casserole. Bake 25 minutes or until the eggs are thoroughly cooked. Sprinkle with queso fresco and chopped parsley.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
You can find many more ideas and recipes in ViveMejor.com, as well as in their social networks, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. That’s the Latina mom’s destination for tasty new meal alternatives, and nutritious recipes.
And go ahead, give your own adaptation to this delicious recipe that I present to you today. Share your ideas in the Comments section below!
Leave a Reply